Baby Jordan Update
11/29/06
Hello Friends and Family,
I don't know if there is ever a fun way to start an e-mail like this so we'll get right to the point. Some of you already know about our events this week and some don't. I am sorry that I haven't called each one of you in person, but honestly I just don't want to. I hope you'll forgive us. I hope that this e-mail will suffice.
Anthony and I lost our baby. We went in for our routine 20 week ultrasound on Monday to discover that she didn't have a heartbeat and by her measurements has been gone about 2 weeks. We were in shock and didn't know what to do so we went home and prayed and asked God to direct our steps. We prayed that God would give us back the life of baby Jordan. We went to a second ultrasound this morning to see if her heart was beating. It wasn't. So tomorrow morning we are going to deliver her. Please pray for a quick and easy delivery and recovery.
Okay so now that we have told you the "bad" news we want to share the GREAT news. Let me start by quoting Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." This scripture brings new meaning to our family. We have such a peace from God...a peace that we completely do not understand. It's almost weird. We are sad and disappointed and many other things, but we have peace and joy that surpasses any of those feelings. It is amazing. God is so good to us. He is truly showing us how much He loves us through this hard time. When we found out on Monday that we had lost Jordan we were in shock and overcome with grief upon leaving the dr's office. We had some friends and family come over and pray for us. I told Anthony that afternoon..."it's amazing how different I feel this afternoon compared to this morning...it is like night and day." God has moved and is moving in our lives. We don't completely understand why this happened and we don't know if we ever will, but we do know that God turns everything for His good. Romans 8:18 says, "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." We know that God will show His glory through this situation. We also know that "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28. These scriptures are so true for us now. They are not true because we are striving for them to be, but because they are true and real and explain our world perfectly right now.
I don't know if we completely realized how blessed we are with such great friends and family. We deeply appreciate your concerns and prayers for our family this past week. Please keep praying for us. Please don't feel sorry for us. God is taking care of us. He is our comfort, our shield and our everything. It is hard, but God is good and He provides. When you call, visit or even think about us we ask that you bring us encouraging words, thoughts and faces. We truly appreciate all you have done for us and for being a part of our family. We love you and appreciate all you are.
Love,
Crystal, Anthony, and Grace
----
12/1/06
Hello Everyone...
I just wanted to update you on how we are doing. We are home now. We came home late this morning. We had our joyful little Grace to greet us as we came in the door. She's such an encouragement. Everything went really well...better (and shorter) than expected. We could feel the presence of God and His peace in the room the entire time. We had great nurses and a great doctor. Dr Conner has been so awesome to our family. We couldn't have asked for more, considering the circumstances. God is so awesome and faithful. Baby Jordan is going to be part of a study done by Duke University and the University of Utah. They are paying for a full autopsy and chromosone testing so hopefully we will know what happened to prevent it in the future...for us and hopefully many, many other families. Normally we would have to pay for any further testing....what a blessing!
The recovery is going very well....once again better than expected. I am not in any pain (which even surprised the nurses) and we expect things to continue to go well. We are excited to sleep in our own bed. Hospital beds just plain suck. Poor Anthony had to sleep (if you want to call it that) in that uncomfortable recliner...he is such a great husband. I am so very thankful for him. :)
Thanks to everyone for the meals, the encouraging words and tons of support. The hospital staff remarked on how great of support system we have....we are truly grateful. Thank you again for all your love!!! We love you and pray God's blessings upon you.
Love,
Anthony, Crystal and Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment